Even though you can watch movies on your cellphone or smartphone screen, it is certainly more fun watching movies on a television screen. For those of you who are tired of watching on the cellphone screen, you can try the following ways to connect your cellphone to the TV!
Advances in technology have made it easier for us to watch movies on the screen of a cellphone or smartphone. With HP, we can access various media over the top or OTT platforms, from Netflix, Amazon Prime, to Disney+ Hotstar.
However, the downside of watching movies on your phone is that the screen is so small that you can't get the maximum viewing experience. For a more enjoyable viewing experience, we can "move" our phone screen to the television.
How to connect the cellphone to the TV is also not difficult as long as there is a device that connects the cellphone to the TV.
For that, the admin will share several ways to connect your cellphone to a TV that you can try at home.
How to connect phone to TV wirelessly easily
How to connect a cellphone to a TV using a data cable is quite easy, because it does not require any additional applications.
The thing you should pay attention to is the cable port of your phone. There are two types of cables that you can use, namely Micro HDMI to HDMI cables and MHL cables that have a micro USB to HDMI connection.
Here are the steps:
- Pressing the power button while the TV is turned off
- Then, plug the flat end of the cable into the phone, and the other end into the HDMI port on the television.
- After that, turn the TV back on and switch to HDMI mode.
- When the notification appears on your phone, check the 'HDMI connection' option.
- Check the television screen that has been connected to the HP and can be displayed according to the HP screen.
How to mirror phone to TV without WiFi easily
Before connecting the phone to the TV, check whether the television is equipped with Miracast feature or not. If you don't have this feature, you'll need to purchase an HP-to-TV connector called the Miracast Dongle.
Then, make sure the phone is equipped with Miracast or Wireless features. Each brand of HP usually has a different way to connect the phone to the TV.
Here are the steps on how to wirelessly connect your phone to the TV based on the television brand.
How to cast Android phone to TV
- 1. LG Smart TV
- Press the 'Home' button on the remote.
- Then select the 'Network' option.
- Click Miracast and enable it.
- After television, activate the Miracast feature on the phone.
- 2. Samsung Smart TV
- Press the button on the remote.
- Then select 'Screen Mirroring'.
- The television will turn on the device within 2 minutes.
- Make the Miracast feature popular on your phone before time runs out.
- 3. Sony Smart TV
- Press the 'Input' button on the remote control.
- Select 'Screen Mirroring' and press 'Ok'
- The television will wait and wait for the connection with the HP device.
- Connection Settings on HP
- connect phone with tv
Not only the features on the television that must be set, but also the settings on your smartphone. Because the settings on each phone are different, depending on the brand.
Here are the steps to connect an Android phone to a Smart TV:
- 1. asus
- Go to settings then click 'Wireless and Networks', then click 'More'.
- Then the 'Select Device' menu appears.
- Press your Smart TV name option.
- 2. Samsung
- Open the Wireless and Networks menu.
- Press 'More Settings' and select 'Allshare Cast'.
- In the 'Connect and Share' section, press 'Screen Mirroring'.
- Then the name of your Smart TV will appear, then press the name you choose.
- 3. Xiaomi
- Go to settings and press 'More'.
- Then select 'Wireless Display'.
- Slide the switch to the 'On' position.
- When the Smart TV name appears, select the Smart TV name to associate it with the television.
- 4. LG Optimus
- Go to settings, then click 'Wireless and Networks', then select 'More'.
- Press the 'Miracast' menu.
- Click the name that matches the name of your Smart TV.
- 5. Lenovo
- Press Device menu
- Then on the 'Display' submenu, select 'Wireless Display'.
- Press the 'On' button to the right of the 'Wireless Display' menu.
- Wait a few moments until the name of your Smart TV appears, then press the name.
- 6. Advan
- In the settings section, press the 'Device' menu, then click 'Display'.
- In the menu, swipe down until you find the 'Wireless View' menu.
- Press the button on the right side of the menu.
- Wait a few moments until the name of your Smart TV appears.
- Then Press to connect it to the television.
- 7. Nexus
- In the settings section, go to the 'Devices' menu.
- Then, on the Display submenu
- select the 'More' menu.
- Tap the box next to the 'Enable Wireless Display' menu.
- A few moments later, the name of your Smart TV will appear.
- select the name of your Smart TV to connect it to the television.
Google Chromecast is an HDMI adapter that can connect a television with a device via an internet connection.
In addition to mobile phones, Chromecast can also be used to connect a TV with a laptop.
Then, is it difficult to connect the phone to the TV using Chromecast?
Don't worry, it's simple!
Here's how to connect your phone to a TV with Chromecast:
- Connect the Chromecast device to the HDMI port on the television.
- Before using your Chromecast device, download the Google Home app on your phone.
- The function of this app is to control Chromecast devices.
- Enter the "Wi-Fi Display" menu, then activate the "Screen Mirroring" feature.
- Make sure your phone is connected to a wifi connection.
- Make sure the television screen is on the HDMI channel.
- Then, you will see the code on the television screen.
- Enter the code in the Google Home app to connect your phone to your television.
How, easy isn't it?
Those are some ways to connect your cellphone to a TV using a cable or wirelessly. Now, you can set up the device and practice the above method.